Friday, December 18, 2015

A Light Show and a Christmas Party

Okay a few more strange things I have noticed; a jumper is not a jumper here, they don't know what that is at all, just sweatshirts. Also, I have never seen so many people wearing those 'sport' sandals and cargo shorts or pants before in my life!

Last Wednesday night I was invited to dinner and to the light show at the Atlanta Botanic Gardens. We had really great pizza for dinner and then burned it all off walking through the gardens. They light up the whole gardens so it is really pretty. I found it funny that the volunteers wore almost the same uniform my Nanna wears back home at Kings Park.

Then on Thursday night the three GRSP girls at GGC went to the Duluth Rotary Club Christmas party. There was entertainment by some musicians from  the local high school and then we had a really tasty meal and of course dessert! We had a lovely time.

School is done for the semester, so now I am staying with my host family until I fly to New York to meet up with my family. Not long now! I found this nice little place near where I am staying. There is a lake and a dam, and on the other side of it is this nice little creek with lots of rocks. It is great to climb around and to look at.

Last Saturday we went to Little Five Points in Atlanta and wondered around the little shops and thrift stores. I saw many ugly Christmas sweaters. We then went to this place called The Vortex which 'has the best burgers in town', and I must say they were really good. The place itself was very cool, you have to be 21 one to get in and the entrance is a giant skull. They have a huge book with all the drinks they have, and they even have a burger that costs $80; it's called a quadruple bypass! I opted for a regular sized burger. The interior is decorated with skeletons, road signs and other cool stuff. It was a cool place and I'd like to go back.

On the same day back home my family had a Christmas party and they made a cardboard cut out of me! I kept getting pictures of all their friends posing with me!


Yesterday I went to the graduation for my host brother. The ceremony was nice and didn't drag out too long. Then we all went to this Mexican place for lunch which was really good, and then a few of us managed to get tickets to Star Wars:The Force Awakens. It was by chance that we happened to get tickets on the first showing and I enjoyed the movie. I don't want to be that person that gives away spoilers, but stuff happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment