Tuesday, March 8, 2016

So I'll tell you all the story About the joker and the thief of the night

Alright, I miss nice fresh bread that is really soft in the middle, and has a crispy crust. A weird thing here is that bread isn't like that, it is just really different!

On the weekend my host family took me to an Australian Bakery Cafe and I educated them about Aussie country bakeries and meat pies! An Australian country town is not complete without a good bakery! They didn't seem to have the very specific bread that I'm after, however, I had the best cappuccino so far, had a great meat pie, and a chocolate eclair just like the bakery near my house back home. I really enjoyed this trip and the food was great.

Then on Monday I went to see the Aussie band Wolfmother at Center Stage Theater in Atlanta. The show was opened by Deap Vally. Which featured a girl on lead and vocals, and a girl on drums. They were super cool and great to start off with.

Wolfmother opened with Victorius, New Moon Rising and Woman. You could tell it was rock n' roll, the drummer already needed a drum replaced after the first song! I felt sorry for the poor guy trying to change it over while he was still playing.

They also played Colossal, Mind's Eye, White Unicorn and some stuff from their album that has just been released. They left the stage and came back on to play Vagabond and Joker and the Thief, which was my favourite.

The mosh got a bit rowdy at times, but nothing too extreme or surprising. It was not sold out, but the mosh was full and I couldn't see very many empty seats. This venue does something I've never encountered before. You buy your ticket, they are all general admission, and then you can choose your seat, or stand.

It was a really great show, they are all really brilliant musicians. One guy plays keyboard and bass, sometimes at the same time! I never realise how great the drummer is too, and the vocals and lead just tie it all together, making it quirky and really great! I even caught the pick! So I was pretty happy with that.


No comments:

Post a Comment