Friday, June 14, 2019

Albany Part Two

We made another trip to Albany for a full on weekend of car racing on the June long weekend. The Albany Classic is a re-enactment and celebration of the 1936 Albany Tourist Trophy where people drive all sorts of classic and vintage vehicles.  There was a record number of 150 cars for the event which took place on most of the Sunday, where there was also live music and markets. We found a lovely grassy, shady spot to watch for most of the day.

Perfect viewing spot

They held the Mount Clarence Hill Climb the day before which was a time trial to the top of the hill and there were also time trials around the industrial area on the Monday.

We went to Boston Brewing Co in Denmark for lunch. I really liked the ginger beer, the food was great and I was very impressed with this giant outdoor drinking water dispenser with crisp ice cold water. I enjoyed looking at all the nice cars over the weekend and I even had the chance to catch up with a good mate from uni who works in radio in Albany.

For my birthday this year my sister came down again, but this time it was no secret, instead all my mates secretly conspired for my birthday present (the best kind of conspiracy!) They got me a bike which is awesome. I really wanted a nice shiny new one for a while and I've already ridden it 50% of the time to and from work. We also went out to the Gibson Soak, which I had really wanted to go to for a while, and we timed it well because it caught fire a few days later. Hopefully it can open again soon because the chicken parmy was the best I've ever had (from a pub - mum's is better).

Just before my sister flew home we went out to Cape Le Grand because she's been itching to see some kangaroos out there. The tide was high and the weather was incredibly windy so I warned her there probably wouldn't be any - but there were! She was very happy with that! I had an awesome birthday and couldn't ask for better family or friends!
Catching a bit of sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment