Monday, August 24, 2015

Six Flags and Eagle Rock Production Studios


So I have had a few funny things said to me, my favourite being "Have you ever seen a kangaroo?" Also encountered a few more strange things, for example the cheese is orange!

I went through my first week of classes. The first week is add/drop week which means you can change your classes around as much as you like to have the ideal schedule. Unfortunately I am a different type of student and I was not able to do this on my own, but had to ring up and get a registrar to change it for me.

I think in the end my timetable is pretty good; Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays and the rest of the week off! I just have online content to do on Thursday and Friday. Some poor kids have class on a Saturday!
Dorms

I also got the chance to explore some of the things the college offers. They have a really good Health and Well-being Centre which has a nice gym, pool and offers fitness classes. The three of us GRSP girls had a go at the Combat Kickboxing class which was hard work, but heaps of fun!

The food situation is pretty good too. We get unlimited access into the dining hall and while there are burgers and chips, there are plenty of healthy options too. I get to have my omelette every morning so I'm pretty happy with that!

For lunch you can also pick out the meat and veggies you want and they fry them up on this huge hot plate to make a stir fry! Plus you can get fresh pizza, pasta and other things too. There is even a waffle machine! There was an ice cream machine, but it is out of order at the moment!

The four GRSP's at GGC had all decided we wanted to go to Six Flags and we worked out that there was only one day that we would be able to go before the park closed over winter. I pre-purchased our tickets online as it was the cheapest option.

On the morning we wanted to go it was absolutely bucketing down and this caused so much stress! I was on the phone trying to see if we could get a refund, even though I knew they wouldn't do that.

We ended going anyway, we could at least go on a few rides and have a look around rather then wasting our money.

When we arrived we were hopeful-we could see blue skies! All the roller-coasters were closed, but there were some rides we could go on.

Luck was on our side, slowly one by one rides started to open. It was great, the rain had scared everyone off so we had pretty much no wait time! We were able to go on pretty much everything, including the water slides in the mini water park inside.

There were some pretty cool rides and lots of Batman stuff which suited me! I even bought a Batman bucket hat, I had been looking for a bucket hat that I actually liked for a while now.

There was Gotham City, with a Batman roller-coaster, a Joker circular coaster thing, Harley Quin spinning ride and The Riddler roller coaster, plus The Batmobile!

There was a really cool Superman roller-coaster. As we were waiting to go on we saw how it worked, and while I was very excited some of the others were less so! You sit down and pull the safety bar over your head, and then someone comes and checks, and then they lock it with a bolt, and strap your legs in! Then you get tipped forward and fly along the track like Superman! This was my favourite ride.

There was also this roller-coaster where you stand up! You can adjust the seat to your height and then it locks in.

We stayed the full day, 10.30am-8pm, and we were all pretty exhausted. On the way back home we stopped at The Varsity, a totally new experience for the others.


On Monday I went to Eagle Rock Production Studios with Peachtree Corners Rotary Club. It was a really interesting experience. We got a tour and got to see a few sets and sound stages. The guide was very knowledgeable and easy to listen to. This studio will be primarily for TV shows as it is not really big enough for movies. It used to be a warehouse for Kraft, which makes its layout quite unique.




No comments:

Post a Comment