Sunday, October 25, 2015

Police Ride Along

This week I went on a police ride along with Lawrenceville Police Department. It was a very cool experience. I had to choose some activities to write about for a class, so that's what I picked. We didn't see too much action, which is a good thing, but it was really good to see how things work. Everyone was really nice to me, and interested in the way Australians do things.

On Saturday I picked up rubbish along the side of the road with Braselton Rotary club, in support of an event called Rivers Alive. We also checked out an 'open day' at the hospital, and picked up some goodies.

In the afternoon we went to the Braselton Fall Festival, which was nice to have a look at. They had lots of little stalls with antiques, home made preserves and jewellery. I got this really cool cup which is now my new beer mug! They fill it up with soda for you, and then you get $1 refills for life!

When I got back to school a few of us decided to play raquet ball which was a good bit of fun, and much harder then squash!

No comments:

Post a Comment