Sunday, January 31, 2016

And We Danced


While I have been here a few people suggested I see anything I can at the Fox Theatre, just to see inside. I got that chance when I said yes to seeing Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. It was not the normal venue they would perform at, but they wanted to do a small intimate sit down show.


Friday afternoon I met up with some girls at Oglethoorpe University. We got ready, walked to get fancy pizza for dinner, and then got on the train.

The whole exterior and interior was spectacular. The roof was just incredible, so much so that Macklemore got all the lights turned off so we could all see. The concert itself was just awesome.


Even though we had seats, we didn't do any sitting. We were dancing and singing the whole time and just having a really great time. It is a bit hard to sing along to rap, but that didn't stop us. It really was worth it. My favourite performances where Same Love, And We Danced, Can't Hold Us, Irish Celebration and Thrift Shop.

After the show we went back to Oglethorpe University and to a frat party. It was pretty packed inside the frat house and we had to wait out in the cold to get inside because there were so many people. It wasn't really my thing, but good to experience it.



On Saturday we spent some time exploring the Oglethorpe campus before going to stay at another student's host family's house. The house was huge! They had a pool, a pond, a room full of model trains, a theatre room, a bar and many bedrooms. It was nice to spend some time with some of the other students.

We went to another frat party. This one was much bigger and at a different venue, rather then the frat house. It was good, but not something I would want to go to all the time.

1 comment: