Tuesday, May 17, 2016

A Year in Review

Looking back I have noticed another weird thing- many American homes do not seem to have a sink in the laundry. I also still find huge portion sizes, seeing American flags everywhere and advertising for prescription drugs weird. Coming home I forgot that the toilets in America are lower to the ground, have so much more water in them, flush at such a high velocity  and have a lever thing on the side instead of a button on top.

Anyway, I made the long flights home without any delays. I flew from Atlanta to LA to Brisbane and then to Perth. I was fortunate enough to have an empty seat beside me on the first two flights so I could slightly stretch out.

The airport was pretty empty in LA and by the time I got a bus from the domestic to the international terminal I had to board straight away.

As per usual the lines for everything were long-at customs, immigration and to get the bus to the domestic terminal in Brisbane. By the time I was through in Brisbane I had to race over to get my flight for Perth, just making it in time.

I even arrived a little early in Perth, around lunch time, and spotted my family waiting for me as I came down the escalators, which was good because I needed them to carry all my bags!

I spent that afternoon and the whole next day unpacking. Then on Saturday afternoon I went to the movies with my sister. When we came back she ordered me to put some stuff in her room. When I went out to do it I was surprised to find the back of our house filled with all my family and friends.

I had no idea, she got me good! Much to Mum's dismay we are yet to find any photos. While I really enjoyed my time away and would do it again, it is good to be back. Now I need to find a job!


No comments:

Post a Comment