Sunday, June 19, 2016

Snap Back to Reality

So I've spent the last few weeks getting back into the swing of things.

I participated in the HBF Run for a Reason as I have done for a few years in a row. However, this time we made our own team and raised nearly $800 for Alzheimers Australia in honour of our grandmother. My sister and I finished at exactly the same time holding hands!

I've also gotten back into hockey and our team won their first two games for the season (must have been because their lucky charm was back!)

I went and saw the Kookaburras last game in Australia before they go to the Olympics, which happened to be in Perth. It was a good game and they beat Great Britain 5-1 in the third game of the series. It was also Jamie Dwyer's last game on home soil so there was a huge turn out and all the players did a lap of the ground after the game.

I got to go to a footy game too, which I was glad I managed to get tickets. It was almost a really good game. Exciting and close for three and a bit quarters and then it seemed like the Eagles forgot how to play! Shame about the result, but still good I got the opportunity to go.



I have been looking for a job, but with little success so far. No one seems to be hiring and it is difficult to apply for something when I know I'll be going away again next month.

I have started doing some writing online for Fandom on a volunteer basis, and I am back doing my radio show. Both are really good things to get involved in, but it would be even better to find something that pays! It has been nice getting back down to the beach too!


3 comments: